My friend Jean sent this to me once and I kept it because it is TOO perfect not to. Enjoy, fellow shovel sisters.
Are you tired of all those sissy “friendship” poems that always-sound
good, but never actually come close to reality?
Well, here is a series of promises that really speaks to true friendship:
1. When you are sad – I will help get you drunk and plot revenge against
the sorry bastard who made you sad.
2. When you are blue – I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile – I will know you finally got laid.
4. When you are scared – I will rag on you about it every chance I get.
5. When you are worried – I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be and to quit whining.
6. When you are confused – I will use little words.
7. When you are sick – Stay the hell away from me until you are well
again. I don’t want whatever you have.
8. When you fall – I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.
This is my oath…I pledge it till the end. Why, you may ask? Because
you are my friend.
Remember: A good friend will help you move. A really good friend will
help you move a body. Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel.